If you still feel like your in your twenties but your reflection doesn’t quite match, cosmetic surgery might be the be the solution for you…
Wrinkles are creases, folds or ridges in the skin and most commonly, wrinkles appear as we get older, however often wrinkles can develop earlier in life from other factors that in turn, can speed up your aging process. At George M Calfas Cosmetic and Laser Physician in Randwick and Campbeltown we can help diminish the signs of ageing with our cosmetic treatments.
There are two main types of wrinkles…
There are two main types of wrinkles that appear on your skin, these include surface lines and deep furrows. Surface lines arise because of irregular thickening of the dermis (second layer of skin) and because of a decrease in the amount of water held by the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). Deep furrows are deeper lines or furrows that are classified as dynamic or static. Dynamic lines appear with movement of facial muscles. Static lines are unchanged with muscle movement. Eventually dynamic lines become static.
Most basic wrinkle treatments, if they have any effect, tend to help reduce the fine lines. For deeper creases more aggressive techniques are required, such as plastic surgery or injections (fillers).
Leading wrinkle causing culprits…
Often the first wrinkles to appear on your face tend to occur as a result of facial expressions. This is why wrinkles around the forehead and eyes commonly develop first. The following are some major reasons why we develop wrinkles:
- Sun damage– significant exposure to ultraviolet light, UVA or UVB, has been known to account for 90% of the symptoms of premature skin aging. The amount of damage to the skin caused by the sun is determined by the total lifetime amount of radiation exposure and the person’s pigment protection, often those who send a substantial amount of time outdoors are subject to premature ageing and more wrinkles.
- Smoking– research shows that the link between regular smokers and the accelerated aging of skin is due to a reduced blood supply to the skin.
- Genetics and skin tone– if your parents developed wrinkles early chances are you will develop them early too. Often people with light skin tend to experience higher levels of sun damage, which usually accelerates the development of wrinkles.
These are just some of the causes of premature ageing and wrinkle development however many other factors contribute to ageing. Often dehydration, some medications, diet and stress have been known to affect the signs of ageing.
Facing the facts, and getting treatment…
Inevitably, wrinkles are part of the natural aging process and as we become older our skin gets thinner, drier and loses elasticity. We are unable to protect our skin from damage the older we get but we can lessen the effects with continuous consideration for skin health but eventually, wrinkles, creases and lines form on our skin. At George M Calfas Cosmetic and Laser Physician we can treat your skin to help reduce these signs of aging and rejuvenate your skin. Some of the treatments options available include:
- Wrinkle Smoothing Injections
- Wrinkle & Other Skin Filling Injections
- Capillary Removal & Rosacea
- Laser Skin Peeling & Resurfacing
- Skin Peels
- Thread Face-Lifting
If you are considering surgery or treatment for you wrinkles we recommend coming in for a consultation where George M Calfas will assess your skin and determine the most appropriate treatment for you. If you still feel young why not look young as well! While wrinkles and aging is part of our lives treatments to help improve the look of your deeper lines and creases can help you look the age you feel.